Mission Statement of Regina Tri-Parish
Religious Education Program
The Regina Tri-Parish Religious Education Program is dedicated to
providing the Catholic community of Iowa City with a dynamic learning
environment rich in faith formation, Catholic doctrine, and religious
Philosophy of the Regina
Tri-Parish Religious Education Program
The Regina Religious Education Program in cooperation with parents
and parishes strives to provide Catholic religious education for
students K-9. We follow Vatican II's objectives to make faith living,
conscious, and active. We seek to create an environment where young
Christians have the opportunity for spiritual growth, for gaining an
understanding for and knowledge of the Catholic faith, and for deepening
a respect for the uniqueness of others. We believe that by integrating
faith formation, Catholic doctrine, and religious celebration into an
academically excellent religion curriculum, the students will be
prepared to embody Christian values into everyday life, to serve the
total human community, and to help meet the human needs of our time.
The primary goals of the Regina Tri-Parish Religious Education Program are:
1. To create a Christian atmosphere where students have the opportunity
to foster and experience a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. To evangelize and assist the students in understanding, appreciating, and living the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
3. To sensitize our students to the importance of sharing in
responsibility for and helping to alleviate the global, social, and
economic problems of our time.
4. To provide a superior religious education program which allows for individuality in faith development.
5. To emphasize the community aspects of family and parish life.